I have a confession: I love SHRC and I love all of our social events! But the one I look forward to the most is the Annual Scottish Hills Easter Egg Hunt!
- I love the anticipation, herding my daughter out in the chilly spring air with her basket in hand
- I love that I get to take pictures of her sitting with the Easter Bunny while we all mingle and snack on free doughnuts
- I love watching the kids line up with their age groups, faces bright with excitement and expectation
- I love that the eggs are actually hidden and the kids have to search a bit to find them
- And I love watching them open the eggs, waiting eagerly to see if they found the egg with the “golden ticket” that will win them the grand prize (in this case, a giant chocolate bunny that should last until next Easter!)
It’s such a fun event that always signals the advent of spring and that “pool season” is almost here!
Jessica Dixon loves SHRC so much that she ran for the Board! She’s looking forward to the 2018 Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 24th at 8:30am and catching up with “summer” friends and, well, snacking on donuts!